Many professions require a bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university. Theoffers a general education foundation for students who intend to pursue advanced degrees. The courses taken at PHSC can be transferred to any university in Florida's state college or university system.
Complete Your AA Degree to Guarantee Transfer to a Florida University
The courses taken at PHSC can be transferred to any university in Florida's state college or university system. PHSC students often ask if they should finish their Associate in Arts degree before transferring to a University. There are definitely benefits to completing your AA degree at PHSC.
Benefits of obtaining your AA degree before transferring:
- guaranteed acceptance into a Florida University
- a lower GPA requirement (for example, USF GPA requirement for transfer student is 2.0)
- automatic completion of all general education coursework, Gordon Rule writing requirements, and summer attendance requirements
- guaranteed that at least 60 credits will transfer in and apply towards student's baccalaureate degree
- more cost effective/lower tuition (based on 2018 data)
At PHSC, students can complete the first two years of a bachelor's degree conveniently and close to home at a fraction of the cost. Our 60-credit-hour Associate in Arts degree coursework is equivalent to the freshman and sophomore level classes at any Florida, public university. After successfully completing the AA degree at PHSC, you are guaranteed admission at the junior level into one of Florida's 11 public universities or 15 state colleges, but not necessarily to the university or program of your choice. Transfer students must compete for admission to limited access programs.
for information about all baccalaureate programs available on PHSC campuses and visit our