Exciting Opportunity to Study Abroad with USF!
Interested in a cultural immersion experience? PHSC students can study abroad with the University of South Florida!
PHSC is encouraging students to consider participating in the summer 2019 USF in London Study Abroad Program. The dates are June 23 through July 20. Other USF Study Abroad courses and trips are available. Please request information from an advisor.
Eligible* PHSC students are approved to enroll in the following courses offered through the USF in London study abroad program. The courses must comply with degree requirements, and be approved by advising.
|USF Course offered in London||PHSC Course Equivalent|
|HUM 1020 Introduction to Humanities||HUM 1020 Introduction to Humanities|
|ARH 2000 Art and Culture||ARH 1000 Art Appreciation|
|PHI 2010 Introduction to Philosophy||PHI 1010 Introduction to Philosophy|
|LIT 2000 Introduction to Literature||LIT 2000 Introduction to Literature|
|ECO 2013 Economic Principles (macroeconomics)||ECO 2013 Principles of Macroeconomics|
|ECO 2023 Economic Principles (microeconomics)||ECO 2023 Principles of Microeconomics|
|SYG 2000 Introduction to Sociology||SYG 2000 Introduction to Sociology|
|MAR 3023 Basic Marketing||MAR 3803 Marketing for Managers|
|MHS 2031 Mental Health and Addictive Disorders||HUS 2525 Issues in Mental Health|
The student process:
- Work with a PHSC advisor to select at least two courses that will apply toward your degree. Lead advisors are Vicky DeVito 352-340-4285; firstname.lastname@example.org and Barbara Russo 727-816-3194; email@example.com. If you are unable to meet with either lead advisor, any PHSC academic advisor, in collaboration with the lead advisors, can assist in the selection of classes. Students must take at least two classes; including one morning and one afternoon course.
- Apply (with an advisor) to become a transient student at USF. Availability is limited - apply soon!
- If approved, complete a non-degree seeking application to USF. This will incur a $30 fee to be paid directly to USF.
- Upon notification of approval, click “Apply Now” for the USF in London program. This part of the application is free and completely online.
- Submit your application and Course Approval Form (CAF)* to USF Education Abroad for review. The Course Approval Form provides opportunities to request up to four morning and four afternoon sections. Please select four options for each period (applicable or not) to avoid delays in the process; however, only what is applicable to your degree and approved by PHSC advising will be approved. Once submitted, an admissions decision on your application can be expected within 7-10 business days.
- If accepted, a Program Manager (Rene Sanchez and/or Katie Pazda) will email you instructions on how to commit and pay for the program. A nonrefundable $500 deposit will secure your space in the program. This deposit is included in the program fee, and not an additional cost.
- Once you have committed to the program, you will receive an email from EA-Business@usf.edu with specific payment instructions. USF residential tuition rates will be applied as a part of the program cost. Tuition costs for both courses, (a shared) room, excursions, insurance, and London transportation during classes, is $4995.
- If approved, additional expenses for passports, airfare, transportation between the airport and dorms, meals and other personal costs will be incurred by students. Once admitted, specific flight information will be provided. Please do not purchase a flight until notified to do so. The total estimated total cost of the program is approximately $8400.
- Financial Aid may be available; please ask a PHSC Financial Aid staff member. Scholarships such as the Gilman Scholarship, may be available.