Current PHSC Students (Drop-in Virtual Advising)
Current and returning PHSC students are encouraged to drop in virtually to speak with an advisor. Business hours for drop-in virtual advising are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Thursday.
PHSC is now using a virtual queue to welcome students into Virtual Advising. Place yourself in line to speak with a representative online. Once you’ve joined the line we will:
- Send you an estimated wait time.
- Alert you about the time remaining until your turn.
- Allow you to ask for more time if it does not fit your schedule.
How to use the virtual queue:
- Please have the reason for your appointment, student ID, and mobile phone number ready. Students will receive text message updates regarding their spot in the queue.
- Students need to have Zoom open for the meeting. Open “Join Meeting” which will have a space to enter a Meeting ID.
- An academic advisor will summon the student in the order in which they enter the queue. Once summoned, the student will receive a text message with the advisor’s name and their Zoom meeting ID. The student will then need to enter the meeting ID to join the meeting.
It is recommended that students join their meeting from a desktop or laptop computer. This will allow for flexibility such as sharing of screens.
In-person advising services are conveniently available throughout the week, from Monday to Thursday, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. To schedule an appointment, students can easily access Navigate via the user-friendly myPHSC Student Portal. For further inquiries or assistance, students are encouraged to reach out to the dedicated Student Affairs Office located on any of our campuses. We are here to provide you with the support and guidance you need to succeed.
During peak registration times, the advising of registration is the priority for academic advisors; therefore appointments may be limited for students desiring an appointment for long-term academic advising.